Guichard, Teng & Portello has an experienced team of California DUI defense attorneys who represent clients accused of DUI violations, both drug and alcohol cases, in Northern California. We provide the highest quality representation available.
A DUI conviction comes with many implications and can change your life.
A common perception among first-time offenders is that no defense is available, and that pleading “guilty” or “no contest” saves attorney fees and puts the matter behind them. The truth is, a DUI conviction is an extremely serious charge that can affect every aspect of life for many years to come. The California Legislature and State prosecutors are making DUI convictions a priority and are under increased pressure from community and political groups to enforce heavy penalties for driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
After a first-time DUI conviction, you may face the following:
- Suspension of your California driver’s license
- Three years probation
- $390 – $1000 fine
- Additional financial penalties, fees, costs, and restitutions
- DUI conviction on your driving record for ten years
- Heavily increased auto insurance premiums, often several thousand dollars per year
- DUI & safe driving classes for between six and thirty months
- Ignition interlock device attached to your vehicle
- Possible jail time
- Stigma among family and friends as a convicted drunk driver
As experienced DUI lawyers, we will protect your rights, investigate the circumstances of your arrest, and advise you of your legal options at all stages of the case. We will provide the quality defense you need to effectively defend you. Call us today on our toll free number 925.459.8440 for a FREE CONSULTATION and speak directly with one of our attorneys.