Your child just became an adult. Time to get a Power of Attorney.

Do you have a student heading off to college? Did you know that once your child turns 18 your ability to access health and financial information is limited as they are now considered adults?

You might want to consider getting a Power of Attorney for Health Care and another for Financial.  If your 18 year old gets hurt while they are away you may have limited access to their health information due to HIPAA laws.

For a reasonable fee we will help you complete the forms and have them notarized while you are here.  Plan on spending about an hour.  Give us a call at 925.459.8440 or click on one of the website contact forms and state you are interested in the Power of Attorney meeting.  We can get it scheduled and you can send your student off with the peace of mind that if something does happen, you have what you need to help.

Contact Us

No Guarantee of Results: The descriptions on this web page are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors-including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and, often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or attorney.




© 2010-2021 Guichard, Teng, Portillo & Garrett ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Top phone-handsetchevron-down