If you have a family member who is interested in securing his/her green card, you should be aware that Family Based Immigrants are divided into two main groups: Immediate Relative and Family Preference. Wonder which group is applicable to your situation? Here’s a quick definition:
Immediate Relative includes:
- Spouse of US citizen.
- Unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of US citizen.
- Orphan adopted either abroad or in the US by US citizen.
- Parent of US citizen (who is 21+ years of age).
Family Preference includes:
- Unmarried adult children (21+ years of age) of US citizens or permanent residents.
- Spouses and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of permanent residents.
- Married children (any age) of US citizens.
- Siblings of adult US citizens.
If you have immigration questions or want to start the green card process, schedule an appointment with our immigration lawyer, Erika Portillo. She and her bilingual immigration team (English & Spanish) have helped thousands with their immigration matters. Let them help you with yours! You can reach Erika at 925.459.840 or email her at email@example.com.
#Superlawyers #gtplawyers #immigraitonlawyer #greencard #uvisa #elderabuse #civillitigation #fiancevisa
Posted in: Immigration Law