Steps in obtaining a Fiancé Visa

Curious as to what the steps are in obtaining a Fiancé Visa? As with any visa, there are quite a few steps involved.  The first one is to see if  you meet the following requirements so that you may bring your fiancé to the US:

  • You are a US citizen.
  • You will get married to your fiancé with 90 days of arrival to the US on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa.
  • You and your fiancé are legally able to marry.
  • You have met in person at least once in the 2 years prior to your petition filing. (Note: this may be waived in certain circumstances.)

Our immigration team is headed by our partner, Erika Portillo.  There are so many steps in obtaining a visa, you really should not risk delaying your marriage by trying to do all the filings alone.

Let Erika and her team help you.  You can reach Erika at 925.459.8440 or email her at

#superlawyers #gtplawyers #immigrationlawyer #uvisa #greencard #fiancevisa


Posted in: Immigration Law