Christopher K. Teng
Attorney (Of Counsel)
Christopher K. Teng is an internationally trained attorney representing domestic and international businesses in litigation and business transactions.
He is admitted to practice in the State of California and all U.S. District Courts in California, and he has sat for and passed the New Zealand bar examinations.
Mr. Teng has a solid 19-year background in civil litigation and general business transactions. He handles all types of business transactions including real estate transactions, commercial and residential leases, secured transactions, and corporate governance and compliance matters. He has assisted many clients in general business and entity formation, including advising on entity selection and corporate governance. He often advises his business clients on the management of their intellectual property rights pertaining to trade secrets, trademarks, and copyright. Mr. Teng also advises businesses regarding pre-litigation strategies and litigation avoidance.
Mr. Teng has also successfully represented many clients in business litigation and shareholder and partner disputes. Using his engineering background, he has represented clients in product liability lawsuits.
Born and raised in Singapore, Mr. Teng attended the University of London, Queen Mary and Westfield College, in the United Kingdom, where he earned his LLB with Honors (the JD equivalent); and the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, CA, where he earned a Master of Law in Transnational Business Practice.
Mr. Teng’s cultural sensitivity enables him to navigate the complex issues that come with a culturally diverse community and clientele. He is fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Fujian (Taiwanese).
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
LL.M. Transnational Business Practice
- Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, United Kingdom
LL.B. Second Degree Upper Division Honors, Top 15%
- Singapore Polytechnic
Diploma in Marine Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Singapore American Business Association
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
Asian American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- California Minority Counsel Program
- Leadership Contra Costa Class of 2006, Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce
- BNI (Business Network International) Partners in Success
Past Employment Positions
- Ropers, Majeski, Kohn, Bentley, Wagner & Kane
- Stutz, Gallagher, Artiano, Shinoff & Holtz
- Shook Lin & Bok, Singapore
- Rodyk & Davidson, Singapore
- Neptune Orient Lines, Singapore
- Fujian (Taiwanese)